Tan 2 Glow Airbrush Tanning © 2016 | All Rights Reserved
How to prepare for your airbrush tan:
- EXFOLIATE! We cannot emphasize this enough! Use a non- oily, non-abrasive exfoliant and focus on dry areas such as elbows, feet, and knees. Think of your body as a canvas- the smoother the canvas, the better the application will turn out!
- Do not apply lotion, perfume, or deodorant before your application as they can act as barriers to the solution. Minimal make up can be worn (eye make up, lipstick), but avoid face make up.
- Shave and/or wax the day before to allow the hair follicles to close before your session.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing. Tight clothing can rub and affect the quality of your tan. Flip flops are a good choice for feet.
- Dark swimwear or underwear are ideal to tan in. We also offer disposable (and tiny) thong panties and bandeau type bras if you prefer. Many women desire minimal tan lines and go topless. You may wear as much or as little as you are comfortable with.
- Men must wear full coverage underwear or swimwear and clients under the age of 18 must also wear appropriate swimwear.
How to keep your tan looking great:
- Let your airbrush tan fully dry before dressing.
- Give your tan time to develop evenly. Avoid water for the first few hours (no dishes, dancing in the rain, etc.) and wait at least 8 hours before showering. Do not work out or perspire until after your first shower.
- When you take your first shower, the cosmetic bronzer will wash off. Don't worry- this is not your tan!
- Avoid taking excessively hot showers, scrubbing or exfoliating. Try to use your hand instead of a washcloth. Also, use a body wash or shower gel, these products contain less alkaline than regular bar soap. Pat dry with a towel, no rubbing.
- MOISTURIZE after your post tan shower. The more natural the moisturizer, the better it will complement your tan. Moisturize daily thereafter and if possible twice daily. Hydrated skin is essential in maintaining a long lasting tan because it slows the process of natural skin exfoliation.
- Use Infinity Sun's highly popular Glow on the Go aerosol to touch up face, hands and feet between sessions.
A few tips...
- Keep in mind that your spray tan, like a UV tan, will fade as your skin naturally exfoliates. Products and activities which promote exfoliation, including shaving, will cause your tan to fade more rapidly.
- Use a fresh razor to shave
- A quick dip in the ocean or in a pool are ok, but long swims can strip your tan. Using a waterproof sunscreen can help.
- Try one of our super-hydrating Tan Extenders to keep your tan looking fresh an extra 2-3 days!